This week my blog was nominated for a Liebster Award. This award is given to bloggers from fellow bloggers. I received this award from Ironwoman Strong
Upon receiving this award I was given 10 questions to answer. I am looking forward to YOU getting to know more about ME 🙂
1. Cats or dogs?
DOGS all the way!! I am a huge fan of dogs. I have never been a cat lover. I think the fact that they are so independent is what bothers me most. I love how a loyal dog needs you in their life. I love the overall companion a dog logs to be. I grew up having a dog my whole life. When I was 23 I got my very own dog, Eddie. He was a chocolate Cocker Spaniel. I loved him very much. He sadly took a backseat when kids arrived in my life, as many pets do. Eddie passed away in August 2011.
2. Why do you like blogging?
I am a new blogger. I have always enjoyed reading other people’s blogs and received many suggestions to start one based on my weight loss journey. I really love blogging cause I can get it all out there and I always find connections, support, encouragement, and even found friends! Blogging is the bomb.
3. Who do you admire?
There is no one person I can name. I admire all those that don’t give up. Maybe that is you or your best friend. You don’t need to be some hard bicep skinny minnie to acquire my admiration, you can be as simple as the girl you said no to the Salted Caramel cupcake even though she wanted it more then anything. It’s the person who signed up for a half marathon even though they can’t run faster than a 14 min mile. I truly admire those that fight for their goals and don’t let obstacles get in the way.
4. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
Easy answer…to freeze time. I look at my life and watch my kids growing all too fast. I don’t want them to grow so fast. I want to keep them where they are; loving their mommy and snuggle time. I dread the days in my future when they will resent me and give me attitude. I understand its a part of life and they will pass that terrible stage however, right now I want to keep them my babies.
5. Describe your perfect day.
My perfect day would consist of a kisses/snuggle wake up from my kids. My husband would tell me to go for a nice run after making the coffee and I’d get to lace up and head out. I’d get some decent miles in and return to my car all packed up and set to head to the beach for the day. I’d shower and get in the car and meet my girlfriends at the beach. We’d stay all day and get sun-kissed until sunset. I’d conclude the day grilling and having drinks on the deck with my husband. Oh yes, what a dreamy day ❤
6. What season is your favorite and why?
Autumn is my all-time favorite season. I love the cool crisp air, the vibrant color of the trees as they change colors, and the events that occur in the Fall. I was engaged in the Fall, I planned my wedding in the Fall, and my daughter was born on Halloween day. Fall is without a doubt, my season!
7. If you can have dinner with one person from history, who would it be?
This was a tough one to answer but I kept leading back to the obvious answer for me, Jesus Christ.
8. Where is your favorite place to vacation?
I am by no means a traveler, so I have little experience on this one. I would have to say Bahamas. I took a cruise for my honeymoon 10 years ago(!) and one of the stops was the Bahamas. My hubs and I both agreed we would definitely go back to this island. It was gorgeous!
9. What do you do in your down time?
Down time doesn’t come easy these days. I guess I cannot say much since I don’t get much of it. I read, I read blogs, I blog, I Facebook, I love my Instagram, and I run/exercise. Yep, that’s my fun in a nutshell! I used to be HUGE into crafts before I found fitness. I have some AMAZING scrapbooks for my daughter. I also was a distributor for Stampin UP. I made some incredibly fabulous cards. People used to drool over them. I sometimes miss it…then I think about running and burpees and realize I’m not ready to share my downtime yet 😉
10. What is your favorite fitness activity?
Well, this is a 50/50 mix. I love to run. I love my boot camp. I love that the running is an independent activity for me. I look forward to where my thoughts will take me on a run. Then on the flipside boot camp is NOT a solo activity. I love the camaraderie that boot camp has. The friendships I have made and sense of teamwork that I feel is like no other. I get the best of both worlds in my fitness. I am so happy I have found what makes me tick 😉
I am also supposed to provide 10 random facts about myself (this should be fun!) –
1. I use all five fingers to write/draw
2. I don’t watch dramas on TV. HGTV all the way
3. I have had several (various) piercings since 18
3. I have never left the USA
4. I have lived in 14 places since leaving home at 17 for college
5. It took 8 years for me for earn my BA in Education
6. I am a germ freak. (yes, I teach K)
7. I refuse to pay for expensive hair treatments. I’m a box color/Fantastic Sams girl
8. I am a WICKED gadget girl. Nothing like some new cool technology to make me geek out
9. I knew I’d have a son…I also knew his name was going to be Jack
10. I met hubs on a blind date…5 month later we were engaged 🙂 ❤
Okay group – here are your ten questions to answer. You must follow the same rules…answer the questions, give 10 random facts about yourself and then nominate another group of bloggers and ask them questions. Have fun and thanks for the award!
1. Why Blog?
2. What is your preferred fitness activity?
3. Who do you admire?
4. If you could have one food everyday, what would it be?
5. Who is on your playlist?
6. What is your favorite meal/dish?
7. If you can travel anywhere tomorrow, where would you go?
8. What would you do with your winnings if you won the lottery?
9. What do you do in your down time?
10. Morning person or Night Owl?
Have FUN!!! ~ Emily at runswithhope